Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cardboard spheres
Making spheres out of cardboard boxes is kinda interesting. Taking something flat to make something round is pretty hard. My first attempt i tried to go with the cardboard's good qualities and i cut out pentagons and hexagons and went with a soccerball pattern. It took a lot of measuring to get the shapes precise enough that they would fit together into a sphere. The second sphere I made I again went with flat pieces of cardboard. this was my no glue one. I cut out 2 sets of consentric circles and placed them with in each other. The last one I tried bending the cardboard and that worked to some degree. Each of the spheres took a lot of planning and I spent a few hours on each. I think I wound up learning a few things about the properties of cardboard.


The critique of all the cardboard spheres gave me a lot of ideas. People came up with a lot of different ways to build their spheres that I hadn't thought about at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment